Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Hunting...

I'm not a hunter and I've never even been hunting.  (and I'm from Stokes Co. if you can believe that!) I did however grow up playing the Oregon Trail.  The best part of that game was hunting!  Do you remember how hard it was to shoot one of the rabbits? Or better yet, one of those birds? That's how I feel about "job hunting".  It's pretty difficult and when you do get something it's only 2lbs of meat! 

With the current state of the economy and lack of teaching jobs, it makes getting a great job tough these days.  Although I graduated with my masters degree over 2 years ago, I have still failed to find that wonderful PE teaching job I've been dreaming of. I have found some good jobs that have given me lots of great experience and wonderful friends (Thanks HLC!) and I am so very thankful for that....but I really want to be given a chance to do what I love, and that's teaching kids and adults physical literacy! How to enjoy physical activities and be lifelong participants!


Today I went to a job interview at this place in Vancouver called Jump Gymnastics.  You can click on the name to check out their website.  It seems like such a great place!  Their main goal is teaching kids basic locomotor skills and movements to help them be successful later on in life! It's not a competitive gymnastics gym, it's educational!  The job is only a part time job, but it allow me to do something I love!  The first interview was a group interview.  I have a second interview on Tuesday!  The second interview is a "coaching interview".  You pretty much get to go into the gym during a class and they get to see how well you do.  Please say a prayer for me and I'll let y'all know how it goes!  Even if I'm not selected for the job, it's given me an idea of something I can maybe do one day when we move back to the US....


And on a side note....I fixed the blog so anyone who reads it can comment on it.  You don't have to be a member of Blogger, google, or etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment