Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ups, downs and great produce!

Hello my wonderful friends.  So I told y'all in the previous blog post that I would have Matt update you on his classes, but...he's busy reading "The Story of Christianity" by Justo Gonzalez right now and trying to be a good student.  So, you have me again!

We've been discouraged this week....

...and also encouraged this week by wonderful friends like you!!!

Our house in Wilmington has still not rented. We had renters moving in on the 23rd, but one got laid off from their job.  As a result they are no longer moving to Wilm to live in our wonderful little house. This is when discouragement kicks in. This is when it feels hard.  This is when we begin to question coming here to Vancouver.  Was it a wise thing to do?  Was it the right thing to do?  What were we thinking moving here with no jobs, a mortgage, and etc? 

Then we have friends come along (this is when the encouragement kicks in) and let us know that just because it's hard, doesn't mean it wasn't right.  We're never promised easy things or paths in life, just the love of Christ.  If any of you haven't heard of the book, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, I highly recommend it. It's ranks up there with Harry Potter in my mind!  Here's something I read from it today if you want to check it out about dealing with adversity.  (Click Here)

Now for the Ups!

1.  I had a job interview today for a position working as a kinesiologist in a retirement community!  I would get to teach exercise classes/personal training sessions to the elderly! It's another part time job, BUT has potential to being full time down the road! I'll know something by Wed. at the latest and keep you updated!

2.  Free Bread. Let me say that again, FREE yummy bread!  A local bakery here in town donates their leftover bread to Regent College on Wednesdays! If you know me, I love breads and baked goods! Yum!



3. Produce.  It's so cheap here!  Look at what we got for $10 at the produce stand down the street.

That would've cost me about $30 at my beloved Harris Teeter with blueberries being on sale!


Everything else here is riduclously expensive, so much that many Canadians drive down to the border to go shopping. Makes me thankful for U.S. prices...something I wouldn't have thought to be thankful for.

 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I will keep praying for the house to be rented. And how exciting that you might work at a retirement community! I LOVE old people!! And I am completely jealous of those produce prices!!!!!

    ReplyDelete