Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Wednesdays are now my "Saturdays" since I work on Saturdays. (don't feel sorry for me though, I play Wii Golf with cute elderly people on Sat.)  It's really nice to have a day off during the week to get somethings accomplished, but it's taking some time to get used to such an irregular schedule.  I have my calender constantly with me to keep myself on track.

My new job is continuing to go well.  The residents I work with are super sweet and very encouraging.  The classes I teach have remained very full despite the transition and the residents keep telling me I'm doing a great job.  It's so good to hear positive feedback. 

Working with any population, kids, adults, the elderly, you're bound to have some funny stories.  Here are a few amusing stories from my work week.

One of the residents, who is the sweetest lady in the world next to my Grandma Betty, falls asleep quite often.  She even falls asleep during the middle of my Sit Fit class!  Several times!  It's so hard not to giggle or smile when I'm teaching and all of a sudden I hear a weight drop to the floor and see her dozing off in class!


Another resident whom I work with plays the piano every Friday evening for everyone. Lots of people come and sit around the piano to watch and listen to him play.  The funny thing is, he doesn't really play the piano.  He "pretends" to play it.  He plays a cd or record in the background and pretends to move his hand along the piano keys like he's actually playing it!  I asked him one day about his "piano playing skills" and he told me, "I don't really play the piano, but they don't seem to know that"

I'm sure I'll have more funny stories for you as time goes on...

2 comments: