Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No more training wheels!

Today was my first "official" day at work without my training wheels on.  I spent 3 days last week watching and observing classes, personal training sessions and learning all the other basics of the job.  This week I am on my own.  I get to jump right on in there and give the job a try.  Today I taught two classes, Total Body Fitness and Sit and Be Fit.  They both went pretty well, but there's always room for improvement.  I also got to work with two residents today which again, went well but I could definitely improve.

I'm so thankful to have a job! The learning curve is just tough to get over.  So many new things.  So many new people. Change for residents and myself. Change can just be difficult.  I'm just ready not to be new anymore and feel comfortable in my surroundings.  That just takes time though...

Update on our house:  Still not rented.  Our property manager emailed us yesterday and said she had a showing Saturday and again showing it to the same person on Sunday for her to measure to see if her furniture would fit.  She then said she had a few other showings this week too.  It's great that so many people want to look at it, but still no permanent residents yet.  Also she informed us that someone stole our lawnmower, a flower pot, and some chairs from the porch (which we didn't have any chairs on the porch, so I don't know what that's about?)  Ahhh...to not worry about the house, will that day come? Anyone want to rent a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment